Blog Design

_________________________________________________________

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Doritaenopsis Happy Cat 'Hello Kitty'

After losing Snow White to the cursed mealybugs this past weekend, I decided to buy another Phalaenopsis, but this time, I chose one from Orchids.com that would be significant to my youngest daughter.  I purchased a Dtps. Happy Cat 'Hello Kitty' HCC/AOS (Phal. Safe x Dtps. Happy UFO ' OX' AM/AOS).  I had shown this orchid to her a few months back, and she asked me to get it, but since we were low on room at the time, I had not.  Now, we have the room so why not? It will definitely make both of us happy.

Of course, her name will be Kitty White.  You Hello Kitty fans, of course, will know why :) The other added bonus is the plants are now in spike or bloom so it won't be long until my daughter will be able to enjoy the pretty flowers.  She will be absolutely thrilled with these:


Now, all I have to do is keep the orchid alive.  I tell you...I have had no luck with Phals.  But, I do feel confident that I have learned a lot from Audrey 2, who is still alive by the way, and the 2 other Phals, who valiantly lost their lives while I got my act together.  I now have the whole watering and correct medium thing down.  There really shouldn't be any more major problems from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment