Blog Design

_________________________________________________________

Monday, August 19, 2013

Introducing Kalista!

After scouring the Internet for a week or so, I finally found a Paphiopedilum Fairrieanum.  I love their gorgeous flowers!

Hopefully, next year, I will have blooms like this

My paticular one is a Pahiopedilum Fairrieanum (fairieanum 'Red' AM/AOS x fairieanum 'OZ') from Orchids.com.  I named her Kalista, which means most beautiful one.  When she arrived a few days ago, she seemed to have had a really bad trip.  Her leaves were all mushed down and she looked a bit thirsty.  Since she arrived late in the afternoon, I unpacked her and simply added some dolomite to her media and placed her in her new spot.

The next morning, I gave her a good watering, but she still looked a bit under the weather.  It's been about 3 days since she arrived and she's starting to perk up somewhat:


I know in time, she will recover from the shipping trauma, but right now, she still has a few leaves that need to perk up:


As the saying goes; slow and steady wins the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment