Blog Design

_________________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Marilyn Needs Support

After I repotted Marilyn.  Her roots were actually touching the sides of the pot, but not because there were way too many roots, but because it's just a Paph thing!  I took great care to reposition her in such a way that her roots would be close enough to skim the walls of the pot again.  I did not want to disturb her too much.  Once I finished repotting, she was sort of hanging to one side:


I was concerned that as she stretched out in the pot and made it her own again, that she would simply continue to grow lopsided if she wasn't positioned correctly when sunning.  I decided to give her a little help and added a bamboo skewer as a support:


The bamboo stick did the job nicely, but I still decided to place her facing away from the sun so the plant would be encouraged to stand upright a bit.  Tomorrow morning, I will give her a good watering.  After the initial repotting, the Orchiata tends to dry fast at first, and since it's been so hot lately, it does not help matters any.

No comments:

Post a Comment