Blog Design

_________________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Petaluma is No Longer with Us!

Unfortunately, after I treated Petaluma and Marilyn with the Physan 20, Petaluma didn't quite bounce back.  Her roots became entirely dessicated and all kinds of ugly things started happening from leaves blistering with water to the leaf tips splitting down the middle and lastly, the white patches underneath the leaves.  I knew there was no saving her and I also knew at that point, she would most likely contaminate one of the other orchids so sadly, I had to get rid of her.

At first, I was tempted to try and save her, but once I saw the liquid coming out from the leaves, I knew that this was not a good sign.  At that point, I didn't want to make the problem worse by keeping a sick orchid that could potentially and quickly wipe out my small collection.

I will miss you, Petaluma!


No comments:

Post a Comment