Blog Design

_________________________________________________________

Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Birthday Present

I decided to order my new Paphiopedilum Oberhausen's Diamant from Carter and  Holmes.  I gave a great deal of consideration to the reviews I found online about them and Kalapana Tropicals, but that was not my only factor weighed.  They were pretty much on equal footing as far as customer satisfaction and word or mouth from the gurus on the orchid board.

I then evaluated shipping costs, which actually were not as different as I had thought originally.   Neither one of these 2 factors swayed me strongly to one nursery over another.

I finally took into consideration the culture they were grown in and realized the climate in South Carolina, where Carter and Holmes is located is more akin to our climate here in New York State.  But what really sealed the deal for me is that Carter and Holmes pollinates their plants under laboratory conditions to avoid any contamination.  Although I am not looking to show my plants, I was attracted to a business that prides themselves in the quality and purity of their stock.  So once I took everything into consideration, for me, the clear cut winner was Carter and Holmes.

I went ahead and placed my order before we left on vacation, and once we arrived back home, the carefully packed and obviously labeled package was waiting for us.  I named my new orchid, Marilyn since one day she will be quite the stunner, not today, but one day.

TODAY


ONE DAY (Next Year Sometime)


So, yours truly will be patiently waiting until that day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment