Blog Design

_________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Audrey Seems to be Stabilizing

This morning, as I watered Audrey, I tried to be extra careful to not get any water in the crown, but being she's so small and her crown is so close to the media, I did get some near the bottom leaf that is already yellowing.  I will need to not water her inside of the sink and maybe use a cup to dispense the water so I can do it more slowly and carefully.

Other than that, no more yellowing.  The original yellow leaf, of course, will be lost. 


However, I did notice that it seems she's growing a little root near the site where the rot was excised.  I will be honest, to me, the root doesn't appear to the the healthiest, but it is also completely outside of the media and looks dry.  Eventually, it will be long enough to grow into the bark, but right now, it is pointing down on it's way there.  I don't dare to mist the new root since I am afraid to get water anywhere near the crown.

I apologize for the blurriest picture ever, but I tried 3 times and this was the best one
I will keep an eye on it, but I suppose the fact that she's growing a new root is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment