Blog Design

_________________________________________________________

Monday, June 24, 2013

Cut Off the Top of the Dead Flower Spike

This morning, that flower spike, which had been drying out did not continue dying off passed the next branch full of blooms.  I decided to bite the bullet and cut off the dead tissue at an angle right above the branch of pretty little flowers.


Other than that, the plant itself is doing great.  Today, she got another soaking after the weekend.  I find this soaking method really works for her in this environment and media.  I am just sorry I did not think of it sooner.


After I cut the spike, I dabbed some powdered cinnamon at the removal site since the tissue underneath was very much alive and I don't want to run the risk of any nasty bacteria to enter by way of that open wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment