Blog Design

_________________________________________________________

Monday, June 10, 2013

Audrey's First Yellow Leaf

This morning, I discovered a yellow leaf.  I will admit, at first, I was quite freaked out.  The first thought that came to mind was 'Oh my gosh, I have overwatered her and I am killing her!" However, upon closer inspection, I realized none of the other leaves were turning yellow and there were no signs of rot, either.  The roots were still green so I decided not to water her today.  I also let her hang out with me for a bit at my desk and directly across from my Zippi fan to get some much needed air circulation.


So it looks like it's just simple aging of that particular leaf.  I am VERY relieved, but I will continue to keep on eye on her.


Other than the discolored leaf, she is looking pretty good.  Her blooms are continuing to die down so I am assuming she will soon go into a rest period before the Summer to recoup her energy for her growth stage during the Fall.  I was reading at Repotme.com about the 2 schools of thought regarding dealing with the yellowing leaves; I feel that I am most comfortable with letting the orchid do it's own thing.  She can drop it when she feels she needs to, and that way, there will be no open wound to worry about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment