Blog Design

_________________________________________________________

Friday, June 7, 2013

Audrey's Recuperating Quite Nicely!

This morning, I watered her again.  The bark is still fairly new so it is still not retaining the moisture for very long.  After her watering, I inspected her wound:


The cinnamon is still impacted in there, but the best part is no other discoloration in the area and the rot has not kept spreading to the other side of the leaf:


The other great thing is that her leaves are still a good color and nice and perky, no droop whatsoever.


I did notice that the initial set of flowers is now starting to die out.  They are the oldest blooms and closest to the leaves.


There are a couple of buds which still have not opened and it looks like she is still growing her flowering branches. I have read that sometimes when an orchid has had some type of trauma as was the minor surgery recently, that the plant will blast the buds in order to heal itself. I am still a newbie so I can't make that determination on my own just yet, so I will just have to wait and see.  I have also read in several places that growing an orchid is certainly an exercise in patience.  I am starting to see how true that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment